Relief for peeling sunburn?

So, DS's birthday party was on Saturday (as was his actual birthday!)...I remembered to sunblock the kiddos... But totally forgot about me (story of my life. lol). I was in a tanktop, as it was about 9o-something degrees here in Okinawa...Well.....my pasty self got home looking like a lobster on my shoulders, arms, neck, chest, and part of my back--worst I've ever been burnt, and I was only out for about 3 hours... Hurt like hell for the last few days. Today, the pain is minimal, but now I'm peeling... It just grosses me out... Any tips on how to speed this process up (without picking at it, of course)? It looks and feels so nasty (I'm not a girly girl by any means...But it does gross me out. lol). I'm tired of wearing t-shirts to cover it up. It's so hot here, and I'd much rather be in some tank tops!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• Lots and lots of lotion and when you shower use a loofah to help remove the skin.. That's what I did a few weeks ago.. Make sure it no longer hurts before you take a loofah to it.. I used baby oil after the shower and tons of coco butter lotion..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• aloe vera should work the best! I think it always works for me and my kiddies
    22mommyof3girls

Answer by 22mommyof3girls at 11:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2011