What is a good way to clean a messy bathroom?

and we are talking messy ladies?
We have a changing table in there and a toilet as well as a tub and shower?
It gets nasty in the summer with all the kids home.
Should I have the older ones help me do it?
What do you think

newathis918

Asked by newathis918 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would start with the tub and work your way back have the older kiddos help use bleach to sanitize 10 parts of water to 1 part bleach should do the trick and smell the bathroom up nice for a bit. That is what I do =) Hope it helps
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Clean the tub and shower really well and start using that shower spray at least once a day so at last that part of your bathroom won't need to be scrubbed down so often.
    Make sure the boys are aiming lol and cleaning up after themselves if they miss.
    One tip I saw here said to wipe everything down with a sponge while everything is still all steamy from your shower. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like good advice!
    And if your kids are old enough to help YES have them pitch in!!!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Gloves and lots of bleach or peroxide. If its real messy I would clean it all first and then have the older chidlren (depending on how old) do it as a weekly chore. They should all be cleaning up after themselves a little as they use things. Wipe the water off the counter, put away toothbrushes and toothpaste, put the empty toilet paper holders in the trash, put the dirty clothes and towels in the hamper, etc....
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would have the older kids help out. I would get it as clean as I could then give them all the daily chore of keeping it up because everyone knows it can get messy in a day and teach them how you want it done don't go from the toliet to the tub or sink kind of thing
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I will clean a bathroom any day over any other room in the house, lol.TO me, its the easiest room I've got! lol
    I go in there with my Lysol bathroom cleaner,windex,toilet bowl cleaner,a bucket of bleach water and a few rags.I spray down the entire tub/shower area with the lysol..let sit...I spray the mirrors & window with windex...put the toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet, then spray the entire rest of the toilet and the sink basin and counter tops with the Lysol.Then I wipe off the mirrors,wipe down the sink/counter tops...go to the tub, scrub it all down and rinse then wipe down the toilet, inside and out. I use my sweeper to sweep the floor and get any dust & cobwebs out of corners and then I wash the floor with my bucket of bleach water. 20 minutes tops.And for final touch light a scented candle. done.
    And yes..if you have older kids...teach them how to do it and let that be one of their daily chores.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011