Asking for Anon to be changed?

This directed to the Cafemom team. Is there any way to alter the way Anonymous is used/available? I realize I'm still very new around here compared to many other women...but I think that a very good number of people share the same opinion with me. Is there anyway we could change it where you could only post Anon when posting the question instead of all the answers also being anon?
Another alternative, if you are open to suggestions...is having an Anon section, where women can feel free to ask questions that is may be personal and would maybe require other posters to want to use discretion when answering. That way we could decide before we asked a question if we wanted to have Anon available.

As a team are you open to suggestions to changing it at all? I don't want to waste your or my time but I do find this something that I would love to engage someone in a conversation about.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I am with you on this one! Anon should be reserved ONLY for questions of an embarassing nature. I HATE HATE HATE the stupid anon button. I guarantee it would stop a lot of the stupid questions and smart a** answers on here! God forbid we should cut down on some of the drama though. :(
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well said! I look forward to the answer they come up with.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No. I do not support this. If they take the anonymous button away you will have a ton of people making up fake accounts to post stupid answers and such. If you don't like the anonymous button don't use it. If you are whining about the way people answer questions, don't read them. This is the internet, people will continue to respond as they want. As this is the real internet world folks!
    Anonymous

• Just in case they don't answer your question...try going to the CafeMom Discussion Group and posting the same thing. You'll get direct feedback from the CM Team and you might get it faster if it's posted there as well as here :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i think it is a great idea
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think i like the idea where you can choose not to have people answer your question anonymous. That sounds cool. Giving us the option of asking a question and allowing or not allowing people to answer anonymous. Like if it's personal we can click "Allow anonymous replies" or if it's something else click "Don't allow" But still have the option of asking a question anonymous or not anonymous. I vote for that.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Oh, and about your question...

I've been wanting this idea to be enacted for quite a few months now. Just so ya know...you're not alone =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• This comment needs to be posted directly to them. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find, "CONTACT US".
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Hi munch12502,

We are always open to new ideas.

Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate your feedback.

As always, you can also send your suggestions to us by clicking the 'Contact Us' link found at the bottom of any CafeMom page.

< The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think it's kind of fun to read some of the answers myself. If it were just strictly by the rules, it wouldn't be much fun. Besides, I think we would lose many people or as said above we would gain a bunch of fake accounts.
    Anonymous