What did your oldest do?

today is the first day that im home alone with my 2 year old and my 5 day old and my 2 year old seems to be pushing my buttons just by ignoring me. what did your oldest do and how did you handle it?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest is 4 and my youngest is almost 2 weeks...today my 4 yr old told me that she's not happy that she has a little brother....that made me so sad =(
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Take a deep breath and slow things down.
    go and sit down with them and please there needs.
    Just slow the day down and he will find what he wants to do.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My oldest is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 2 weeks. My 2 1/2 have been driving me crazy. That's why I put her in daycare most days to have some bonding time with baby & do some work at home to make extra money. She drives me crazy by wanting to help out with EVERYTHING with the baby and she wants to always hold to baby and gets upset when I won't let her hold her, so then she starts crying. And, she's been pushing my buttons by not listening and so I've been having to give her more spanking than normal for not doing what I ask, talking back to me, or saying no.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Have someone take care of the baby even if only for an hour.... give him some me time... he maybe feeling a little replaced. He is young and just needs to be reminded that you still love him. It's like this you know that your DH loves you because he married you but you still want him to say it from time to time. It's getting warm/hot try going out for ice cream.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 12:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011