How do I get my 4 year old to learn to pee in the potty when he's already there doing #2?

My son is pooping in the potty really well but he doesn't understand to hold his pp down when he pees if he does it at the same time. I don't have this plumbing and obviously his dad isn't telling him. Any suggestions? I'm just glad he's pooping but he pees on the floor....help

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he is peeing on the floor because his doodle is not held down as he poops as I am understandin...get him one of those seats you put on the pot that have a whiz cup in front to catch it until he learns to hold it down.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i dont have a 4 year old but i know a thing you can try then get back to me and tell me if it really does work my son is 7 months what you do is get fruit loops throw them in the tolite tell your son for every green one he gets something or jsut because kids like compation tell him to shoot them i hear it really works and im going to try it you can also use cheros(sorry cant spell
    lauralie235

Answer by lauralie235 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My Friend used cheerios. She made a game out of it. Every time he aimed it he got a M&M. He really liked the game.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have heard about the cheerios thing, it is supposed to work. for my son it helped seeing the pee, he would sit at the very back of the toilet, and watch the pee "make bubbles". now he just sits down and makes a point to point in the right direction
    MySweet2Babies

Answer by MySweet2Babies at 11:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Try having him sit on the potty facing backwards or sit as far back on the potty as possible - both let him see in the bowl better.
    Try the cheerios trick (sitting or standing).
    Try draining the potty and using red nail polish to paint targets on the bottom of the bowl. Let it dry and then refill the potty.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008