Are there any non-smokers who support the rights of smokers?

I do. I don't smoke what-so-ever. I have tried it and didn't like it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stand there and tell whoever else that does smoke why they shouldn't. I'm sure they are well aware of the health risks, just as any other person is well aware of the possibility of a plane crashing when you fly. It is not my place to tell someone else how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is up to them to make that decision and do whatever they need for themselves and I think they should be allowed to smoke atleast OUTSIDE where there's open air.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What riles me up is former smokers who all of a sudden are whining and bitching about the smell and the health factors.... to the people they used to smoke with!
    You quit, good for you, that doesn't make you better! I quit too, but I never stand there and tell people that their second hnd smoke is killing me.
    I don't think it's too much to ask for smokers to stand so my feet back from doorways, but in an open area, you should be able to smoke.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I support the rights of smokers to smoke in their own homes, their own cars, on their own time.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I support my child's right to walk through a doorway without having to inhale a smoker's waste because they have no respect for other people. They can smoke in their house or in their car.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would rather not inhale second-hand smoke!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sorry, but you ARE hurting other people if you are smoking around them. Just type "second hand smoke" into google and hit enter, then read the information from the national cancer society. Blind yourself to it if you want, but it is the truth.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I miss the smoking tanks at the airport :( I always wanted to bring my kids to like a zoo....don't tap the glass guys...before someone rips me I do smoke. I can see both sides of the coin on that one. It is a person right just like drinking, but folks seems to crack down on smoking more than drinking and driving which is much more dangerous in my book and I know that from first hand because I was almost killed and I was the SOBER one. It is just an ongoing thing that I think will never have a resolution unfortunately.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm with you completely. It is their choice...I don't know why people feel it necessary to butt in where it doesn't concern them.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm a non-smoker and I'd have to disagree. Smoking is a nuisance period! The more restrictions and taxes placed on them, the better. How can one advocate any support for someone who is infringing on a non-smokers air space and doing something that is unhealthy. Yeah, flying can be dangerous to ones health but but at least everyone on the plane consented to it!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• So basically it should be up to the majority not the one individual if they wanna smoke. That's bullshit. COMMUNIST!
    >>>
    It's up to the individual to confine his addiction to arenas that don't affect/effect anyone else
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It doesn't give the smoker a right to inflict the smoke onto others. They need to go to designated smoking areas! Have respect for those who don't smoke!

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011