How do I come across nice about this situation???

So I work 11AM-8PM.....I wake up at 7AM w/ my son to get him ready for daycare. I do not mind at all, I mean this is when I get in my QT w/ him since I do not get home til 8:30PM and out him to bed. My problem is that his dad is not working at the moment and hasn't since Oct. of last yr. I always mention that he needs to start getting up some mornings and help out. I mean he sleeps late which isn't fair to me. It has a lot to do w/ him being up til 2-3AM playing XBox Live which isn't my problem. When I do mention it, we start arguing. What is a woman to do? Then he says I should be living like I'm single.....what??? Then you should get out. As long as he is living here, he is going to be doing his part. WTF does he think this is? Mind you, we've been "broken up" since Dec. 2009.....blah blah blah.... HELP PLEASE I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have an issue with the morality of a 'man' (for lack of better term) who plays xbox and collect unemployment.
    That is VERY immoral in my book.
    I couldnt be with a man with such low morals... nor would I want him (even if it was my fault as a choice in fathers) to teach my child such horrid life choices.
    Anonymous

• And you want to come across as nice, WHY?
    You have been broken up for along time. Your son goes to daycare. WTF does his dad do all day? Besides play XBox live, and mooch off of you, I mean. Kick him out. He's not helping, he's a hinder.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He lives with you? That seems like a bad idea. Why are you paying for daycare if he is not working? That is crazy to me. He sounds like a deadbeat. Kick his ass out and take him to court for support.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He is not your husband, he is not your boyfriend, he IS the father of the child but he doesnt take care of him while you are at work but he also doesnt work.

WHY do you need to be nice?

Anonymous

• Why are you still living together if you broke up years ago? I suggest that you give him a deadline to either get out of man up. Tell him that either he's gotten a job or you will call the police to have him evicted.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Why is he not watching your child, if he is not working? How does he contribute to your household if he has no job? I don't think you need to be nice,, for whatever reason if your stuck living with him I would say tomorrow I need you to get up off your behind and help me, if we are going to be a family, we are going to live like one,, I might pawn the X-box,,LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The way I see it... There is no nice way to say it. It needs to be made real clear he is part of this family and if he wants to keep it that way he needs to get his ass up and help out instead of playing all night.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Um...he needs to get off his ass and start doing something. He can't just being sitting around for months without a job and playing xbox all night, its not fair to you, or your child. Tell him to get out...and you're not even technically together, right? So why put up with his shit.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Kick him out then! If you are doing everything and he is doing nothing there is no reason for him to be there!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Well he does actually does pay bills. He is collecting unemployment. I'm not trying to excuse his laziness though. Lmao... I am going to bring it to his attention again though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011