Fever and pregnancy?

I've got bronchitis and the flu...I'm also 8 months pregnant. I have had contractions from getting dehydrated from pooping/puking and when I went into the doctors they put me on an antibiotic. I've taken 2 doses, but I'm still having a fever. I usually don't take anything for a fever unless it gets dangerously high 103-104 because I know it is your body fighting off an infection, but how high should I be letting it get without meds since I'm pregnant? It has been hovering between 100-101 today when it was between 99-100 yesterday. Do you think I should take anything? Like I said, I am on antibiotics which will probably help soon...would you wait it out a little while longer?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would call your dr back and tylenol is "safe" during pregnancy take it as directed for best results... use cool rags on the inside of your joints i.e. wrists, elbows even behind your neck... take a cooler shower and rest.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My OB told me to call him if I had a fever of 101. He told me to take some Tylenol when I had food poisoning to try to make me more comfortable.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Fever can be pretty dangerous for your baby. I'd take some Tylenol to keep it down. I know your theory and it makes sense, but it doesn't account for the life that is trying to survive inside you. When you take a bath it's not supposed to be too hot so why would you let your body temp go up with a fever?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I agree with PP... i would take some Tylenol along with your other med. when i was about 6 months along with my son i had the flu and bronchitis...(( about a year ago exactly!!)) and i had to deal with a very high fever. My Dr. told me to take cool baths and keep a cool compress on my forehead. as well as taking the medication. She also told me that if my fever got higher than 101.8 she wanted me to call her. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yeah, it was a little higher than I thought when I just took it, so I took some tylenol that will hopefully help me overnight...lol...assuming it stays down...that's been a big problem lately! Cant this all be over yet!! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008