hmm.. ok.

alright heres my story.. i live in a one bedroom apartment kind of duplex, we only pay 500 a month, plus utilities which is about 200 more.. thing is my hubby go laid off back in oct, we moved in aug never finish paying the deposit.. or the rent so i'm on wel-fare and i had my appt today i do child care for my neighbor i get paid once a month but no taxes get taken out, i get about 480 from that and about 555 from county.. with no income from hubby theirs no jobs here in cali. so we were already behind on all the bills like electric three months = 250 gas=150Phone= 90.00 so after catching all that up, i bought food and gas and that was basically it. well were thinking about moving because apparently we cant afford this. or the bills. this is our first place and i'm not ready to let go of it. but we cant afford this. i've called all the local agencies for help on the bills and they got no money..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• Could you get a loan to move to TX? I live in TX, actually moved from Cali (born and raised in the valley!) but anyway, hubby is a gas compressor and makes almost $20/hr. So if you do end up moving to TX try to move anywhere in the Panhandle, its where a lot of the gas/oil companies are and I bet he can get a good job around here.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• ( should i try to get a reg job? instead of this babysitting gig? thank fully that company that laid hubby off called him back and said he would start working right away sometime next week! :) but what should i do any suggestions?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Can you move in with family until you get caught up? That would be my only suggestion.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• pssht. nope. his family.. well its his great great grandmothers house and his mom wit his 11 yr old brother, and another grandma and an aunty live their only three bedrooms and like twenty animals.

my family.. well doesnt like him lol. so that just get scracted out of the questions

we refuse to seperate again! :(
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Unfortunately, you have to have a place to live, you have to have utilities. Can you cut down on things like internet, cable, phone? Doing without never hurt anyone. It might even bring you all closer together. I would also suggest you look into food assistance, such as food stamps until you are able to get over the slump you are in.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well i dont have cable. i have internet because i do online schooling. we bearly got a phone we dont have cell phones. food stamps were pending! i hate how long they take!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Girl, I don't know. I hear it's very expensive to live in CA. I guess because it's so nice there. I would get on the phone tomorrow and start calling everyone you can. Call local churches, groups, etc. I know that churches will help out with utility bills and such. Lots of luck to you and yours.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• what area of calif are you in? i see companies all over hiring - look in the industrial areas for office clerks, etc- even if it is part time - dont be state assisted statistic - yes it is very expensive to live in calif - if you cant make it here - MOVE - it is not the only place to live... there are a lot of really nice places to live outside of calif that are a lo tmore affordable
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i live in mojave! the nearest town is lancaster or bakersfield and those are both and hr away from here. we do want to move.. but that takes money that appparently we do not have!!! trust me we want to move to texas but how? we cant afford anything!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2008