Dr. Jack Korvorkian

I was just wondering what everything thought about physician assisted suicide especially him. I just watched a movie last night about him and it was fabulous. Alot of my classmates were too young to even remember so they were bored with it. so what does everyone here things of him and what he did?

i think he had the right intention. the family was there and people did it themselves. i think when you are at the end of life and your quality life is gone its your choice to live or die and why not do it the more humane way. we put our pets to sleep when they are old so they do not suffere why are we letting humans suffer.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I completely agree..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I find it odd our animals are allowed to die with dignity but not our own family. I think if it is the patients wish (while of sound mind) and the severity of the illness has been verified by 2 or even 3 doctors who are not associated with one another than it should be allowed. He had the right intentions he unfortunately did not have the law on his side.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• interesting.

My best friend's parents own an Armenian museum (jack was Armenian) and he had donated all of his paintings to that museum. I just saw them fror the first time a few weeks ago, some of them are very creepy & they all associate with death. Not many people know how good of an artist he was.

I also think he had good intentions. I really liked the guy. I attended a lecture he did at that museum a while back & i was completely awed by his level of intelligence. They guy really is an amazing human being regardless what anyone says....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yeah in the movie the he paints. it was great. he was a great artist. i do not believe he had the law on his side because i do not know if it was the right time to change the law. however he was not found guilty for physician assisted suicide it was for murder they pulled all the sympathy out of the court room and that really hurt him. he was very open minded and i fascinating individual.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think when a person feels they haved lived thier life and are ready to go...we should allow it.

I have no problem with him
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think that's a lot less cruel than allowing people to suffer or to have a family try and do it for them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think as long as it is very VERY regulated it should be an option for certain situations....... or at the very least a medically induced coma and then stopping life support type functions
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• well, he video taped the people saying they wanted to die. he was doing them a service. they never hesitated. the family was there. it was their idea. i think if we can be humane to our animals we should be humane to humans as well. life is precious but if you do not have the quality of life what is the point of the pain and suffering.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I listened to a talk show about him last week (the day he died). 2 of the callers had personal experiences with Dr K.. 1 man's BIL had used his services after being diagnosed with LGDs and becoming progressively more debilitated. The second lady was even more interesting. Her sister sought Dr Ks services at age 25 after living with horrible stomach, intestinal and GU issues for 10 years. The pain was beyond her control. Both families spoke about the indepth services received, research, counseling and referrals. The young girl was turned away but referred to another doctor who was able to help her get the upper hand on her illness and good pain control.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It is not your decision to say when we want to die,that is God's decision. I also find it interesting that he was found guilty of murder when women abort daily,they too should be found guilty of murder,they just kileed someone. Life is life don't matter if you are 60years or 60 days in utero
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 10:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011