How did you come up with your kids name(s)?

I got a book and learned the meaning of names and picked the one that we thought fit Serenity and Timothy

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• DD: Sierra Belle. Means Strong Beauty. Belle is a family name. DH came up with Sierra.

DS: Wyatt Eldon. Wyatt I picked out from a baby website. Eldon is a family name on DH's maternal side.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• oldest dd - when we were dating hubs mentioned he always wanted a little girl with that name... it was so cute to hear a man talking so sweetly about becoming a father, middle name is my mothers name

son - we always knew we would name him after my fil

youngest dd - looking for italian names, fell in love with the name, middle name is my mil's name
    Anonymous

• I volunteered at a wolf place and one of the wolves was named Keeley. I loved that name and DH and I decided to give our next dog that name. Then, at one point, I was watching Phil of the Future and there was a character on there named Keely and I was shocked thinking it could actually be a person name.

From that point on...I fell more and more in love with the name. So DD got it and we have never regretted it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My son is named after my husband and father in law. If we are ever blessed with a little girl, she will be named after me and my husband's grandma.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• DD's name is the same as DH's great-grandmother.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We got our sons first name from a babyname book, his middle from his daddy. If we ever have a lil girl were gonna name her Lilliana.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Aaron Hans Karl - Aaron came from a joke my husband made about wanting to name our child Arayan (just a joke really, because he's German), Hans Karl were my father-in-law's middle names. He died 3 weeks before my son was born.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011