My 6 y/o told me she wanted to be a BOY!

LOL! I was brushing her hair and she screamed at me that she wanted to be a boy. I told her fine we can shave your head and you can stop wearing all those cute little skirts, pantyhose and $25 sandals! I told her she had to wear her brothers clothes, plain tees and long shorts. She changed her mind and decided she likes being a girl! What things have your kids said when they were mad at you and then later changed their mind?

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 12:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL! I am a hairstylist and always fight with my 6 year old when it is time for a haircut, last week he said I wanna be a girl, so I don't have to get my haircut all the time,, so tell her there is a downside to both!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 5yo DD has told me that she never wants me to talk to her again. Usually after just a couple of minutes she's crying because I stopped talking to her. LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• lol, poor kid! The things they come up with! Maybe she wants to consider a cute little bob. Of course I say that and I want my DD to have long hair so I am sure she will live in 2 braids through her yonger years so there are less snarles to deal with. My DD has a lot of hair already at 2yrs old.
    Anonymous

• LMAO ! That is how I get my DD to sit still while I comb out her hair. 'Do you want pretty princess hair or should I take you to get it cut like a boy?' She sits right still. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• When my daughter was little she told me she wished she were black. She said black people were prettier and had better names. I told her sorry, there was nothing I could do to help her...lol
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• LOL Nothing I can think of right now other then the usual "I hate you!"
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Not just when she is mad, Ela tells me all the time she wants to be a baby again.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 4:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We tried short hair she didn't like it. lol
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• MWF: My mom babysat a little Hispanic girl when we were small and my younger sister said she was going to marry a black boy because she wanted to have a baby that looked like Miranda!
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• DS told me I was 'being horrible" which is somthing he heard on a cartoon.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 5:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011