Am I over reacting or .......

okay so my stbx, if he doesn't get this straight, is getting on my last nerve. Every time his friends are involved in anything I get treated like a DOG.

To go off more recent topics. 3 days ago, we go to the park, me SO and son, his friend is there, he walks away, doesn't say anything to me, to my knowledge he was still standing behind me, and leaves to be with his friend and talk or whatever. This friend and I are on rocky terms, if I had the choice he would be elliminated from my life completely.
Then I am sitting on the bench, this friend is following us everywhere, like I really don't want to be near hm for many past reasons, and I'm just trying to keep my distance, then my sister calls me, I take the call real quick, SO dissappears once again with the friend.

Another recent event. He was supposewd to do something for a friend, but he was also supposed to pick me up at 10p, around 10:45p I call asking why he is so late, where is he? yup with another friend.

I'm just to the point where the friends need to be on vacation and go the hell away. I know its hard to base a lot on these two insidences but if I go back in time it just gets worse and worse, seriously I don't want to get into it. It was so bad he even felt so moved as to write out vows about how he will never put his friends ahead of his family like that again. thats how bad it was.

So I think he should take a break from his friends, everytime they are involved he loses sight of whats important, in many aspects, and I have to deal with it, I am tired. Really fed up now/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• and not all of his friends, just two of them honestly. I like the majority of the rest of them and they don't ever cause any issues
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He sounds really immature. If you don't want to put up with it...what is keeping you there to put up with it?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes, he still has lots of growing up to do.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You can't make him have no friends, but he does have to put you first. Being late picking you up and dumping you and walking away isn't right. Family first, then friends if there is time.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• @kimberlyinberea
    so far what has kept me here is everything else, im sure if ou have a relationship you know what everything else may or may not consist of. And at this point I don't know if all of that will keep me here any longer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Did you have relations with this other so-called friend? And him being around is a constant reminder? If that's not the case, then you think it's wrong for your SO to be friends with this person? It sounds like your jealous or not really saying as to why you hate the person. If he's your SO's friend, then by being with him you have to accept or tolerate it. Isn't there any other way you can vent this anger and be more productive? Really, nothing else you can be focused on? Like losing weight or growing your career?...
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No I did not have relations with this friend, I'm not that type of chick to go around banging a group of friends.
    ANd I have a lot to focus on, but when his friendships cause me to miss work, miss class, be late to things, they are now a problem. PERIOD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If he is a STBX, what difference does it make? Just get on with life and leave him to his friends
    Anonymous

• Face it, you rate second with him, probably always will.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011