How much would you charge for 2 kids to babysit? and what if there were 4?

so i am suppose to watch my friends 4 kids tomorrow, she usually pays me 3.50 for the 2 youngest ones but all 4 will be there and i was thinking that should be $5.oo hr. and she made the comment to me that she will drop off $20 for me babysitting tomorrow for 6.5 hrs.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• even if she is your friend... 20 bucks is not enough.... tell her to make it $40
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Is this a normal thing? Are you her friend or employee? If it was my friend, I'd do it for free, but if this is a regular job type thing, you need to spell that out prior to agreeing to do it. And GL with that, hope you have a strong friendship, this type of thing more often than not tends to end friendships.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My sitter charges, 20 for the first, 10 for each additional child. so If I had 4 it would be 50 for the day. A day being defined as anywhere from 'open' to 'close' 7am to 5:30 pm. After 5:30 there is additional charges. And I agree baby sitting for money with friends can get touchy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I drop my kids off at the sitter and I pay $40 a day for my two to be there for about 6 hours. That equal out to about 6.60 and hour...for 2.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• 20 bucks isn't enough for FOUR kids in SIX hours. Make her pay you atleast a hundred if she doesn't wanna pay hourly. Cause that's alot of work for you.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• That's twenty-five per kid. Okay so make it 80. That's 20 per kid.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• How old are the kids? We pay our teenaged babysitter $10 per hour for 2 kids...but that is just for a coupld of hours here and there. ITs not a regular thing. I have left my kids with my good friends and they do it for free, and vice versa to help eachother out, that happens maybe two or 3 times a year, but neither party would ever dream of paying eachother.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Between friends...I gave my friend $25 to wach my two younger ones for 3 hours...but she never asked for any money. I've watched hers for no charge.

BUT I do at home babysitting as well. For my clients, I charge $25.per child per day.I do offer sibling discounts.For 4 siblings, I would charge $80 per day up to 10 hours.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Do you feed them as well, I think you should call her and tell her that your rate will at least be double the usual, just be nice, but that is alot to handle!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• $20 is not enough for 4 kids for a whole day. Babysitting for friends can become a bad situation. I pay daycare approximately $30/day per kid.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2011