When was your last fire drill at work?

We had one today (or at least a false alarm) and had to evacuate the building. Glad it happened in the morning before it got any hotter outside!

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• we've never had one.. how odd
    Anonymous

• I work in NYC. We have them all the time! Around every 3 months. We don't have to go outside, we just meet by the elevator and the fire warden talks to us about what to do if and when there is a fire.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I work as a substitute teacher and every school has a fire drill once a month. During the month of May, I just so happened to be at 5 of the schools the day they had a fire drill. Glad I get a break for the summer, lol.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We have not had a fire drill all year, very odd. We usually have a couple of them a year.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• hahaha...what's a fire drill!?! We've never had a fire drill and I've been here for 6 years...when the fire alarm does go off, I go out the side door with a few others which is our closest exit. But, most of the office meets in the front area to discuss why the fire alarm is going off (cause it has never gone off because there was a fire)...if it ever is an actual fire, they are so screwed.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Not recently. I have been working from home for the past 11 1/2 yrs.... and before that I really can't remember if my former employers did fire drills.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• ULG! About four months ago, it was FREEZING outside! LOL
    (We have them about every 6 months)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• dont think you could really call it a drill but i was opening the resteraunt with my manager about a month ago when the gas line to the grill went up in flames. scared the shit out of us but we doused it with the fire extinguisher and turned the gas off. that was an interesting morning. lol
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011