Should i quit babysitting?

I took an offer to watch my neighbors 2 year old little girl to make some extra money. I also have a 2 year old who is the sweetest, most polite, well behaved child. He minds me, does not talk back, never throws fits, plays very well with other kids. He loves everyone! This little girl is OUT OF CONTROL! She bites, hits, throws fits, screams and cries over everything and is very possessive. EVERYTHING IS HERS!! You cant even look at her stuff. She does not like to share, she pushes S and grabs things out of his hand. S is on a very strick schedule and is never off beat. He has ALWAYS been wonderful about taking his nap at 12 pm on the dot and wakes up at 2pm on the dot. T refuses to take naps and throws a fit everyday i try to get her to lay down. Now S wont take a nap and is picking up her bad habits. He is acting like T more and more everyday. Id rather quit watching her than have mine act like her.

sillymommy1206

Asked by sillymommy1206 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think I would keep doing it, it might be hard but you might be the best role model for that child. I watched a child like that and it took some time but in the end we made great progress, matter of fact he always wanted to come to my house and see me and my dh but soon enough the parents got upset and said nope.

It might be hard but you can make a HUGE difference in that little ladies life. Good luck ;)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think you should definitely do what you feel would be in the best interest of your son!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i would say quit then.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I would have a talk with her parents first and tell them your concerns and about her behavior
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Discipline the heck out of that child and let teach yours to know this is not acceptable behavior
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My Dad taught me when I was a teenager.....If you don't want to do something blame it on him~!
    I use that same theory with my husband. If I really don't want to do something and I don't want to upset someone...okay ~ I'll say it....If I want the easy way out....I'll blame it on him. He always knows ahead of time and he's okay with it. I told a neighbor after I was watching her 2 kids....OMG....the spawns of satan!...that I could no longer watch them because my husband wouldn't let me. I don't watch them anymore and I'm so relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing happen to me and I have a home day care (for 16 years..same house). A neighbor took advantage of me for 2 years with her children. I finally told her I wouldn't watch her children anymore....lots of problems!! They live across the street and I barely saw them in the 7 years that they lived there before I started watching their kids. Now all of the sudden I'm their best friend because I watch kids...oh pleeeeeeazzzzzzzzzzzzz! Well now that I'm no longer watching their kids I no longer see them...they no longer need me! I'm relieved to be rid of them!!!

LMAO...ANON 920P...SPAWNS OF SATAN!!!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yea thats what i feel like she has done with me. When they first moved in, the mom didnt even look at me. it took her 3 weeks to say a word to me and that was, "i just got a job, would you want to watch T for me while im at work?"
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008