Renting or Buying Army Dress Blues

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good online place to rent or buy Army Dress Blues. I'm currently in Long Beach, CA and would like to find a store here, but have no idea where to look since I'm only visiting. These Dress Blues should be given to us through the Army National Guard, but my husband has never gotten one. Just curious if there are any good websites out there because I found a website that is like 400 dollars for a whole package. We'd rather rent for now, if able to! Thats alot of money to spend, just to wear to a funeral! LOL

aebrown

Asked by aebrown at 1:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hmm I have never seen where you could rent a military uniform. You might trying locating someone in that area and borrowing them. But it would be really hard with all the different sizes.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Never heard of them renting dress blues.Don't really think you can since rank and stuff have to be sewn onto them. And never heard of the military giving them to you either. My husband has to buy his own.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have never heard of any place thats rents dress blues for any service. Mainly because service stripes, unit insignia, hash marks are all so individual to a service members career. Check AFEES.com
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If he is not in training right now they will have to come out of his pocket. The clothing allowance for this year is being supplemented to cover it. If he needs them now, go buy them, you can't rent. They are normally priced at 600$ so 400 is a good price. Also they will be mandatory by October.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thank you for your comments, I will look at some different websites. He would definately need a special made suit, can't borrow a suit for a 6'4, 6'5 man. Well, that stinks we can't rent, I'll look around thank you!
    aebrown

Comment by aebrown (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011