Inside a kindergarten backpack?

My son starts school in sept. What should a kindergarten backpack have? Do they really neeed to take anything with them now these days? Thanx!

nickkiie23

Asked by nickkiie23 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• a folder a pencil case and a change of pants is all that were in my K students backpack all year. The school will give you a list of required items
    Anonymous

• I would just wait until they hand out a supply list. We had 3 last year and some of it was very specific. The only things that I would buy a head of time is a back pack and lunch box if you are making their lunch.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Wait. Buy the backpack, but they will give you a list of supplies. It will be crayons, pencils, tissues, Purell, etc.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The school will probably issue a school supply list a few weeks before schools start.They will usually mail one to you,post one on the door of the school and here they have lists for all the grades and all the school in our area at local stores,like Walgreens,Walmart,Marcs,etc.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• They will give you a list of supplies, going to school almost nothing, unless lunch payment or a note or homework, coming home he has all kinds of stuff he did in it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• That really depends on the school/teacher. When my oldest started kindergarten in PA all she needed was a folder and pencil case. The school provided everything else. At their school in IL my next 2 needed so much stuff the first day it did NOT fit in their book bag and they had 2 bags filled with stuff besides what was in their bag (everything from art supplies to cleaning supplies). This school in WA isn't quite so bad. I already got the list of stuff my kindergartener will need (it is also online) and it's pretty short. Most of it we have on hand since we stock up on crayons and stuff when they are on sale (we have 4 kids in school next year).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Our school issues a list of what we need to send.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The school should give you a list in late July or August. Some teachers are very specific about what they want so I would until you get the list
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My kids needed a back pack, pencils, a pencil box, 24 ct of crayons, siscors, 2 composition books and a note book. oh and erasers and dry erasers. I would get the back pack and pencils but maybe see if you can pull a supply list off of the schools website or contact them. some schools supply the items for you, others done. and some have really specific things they want. good luck, I miss the K days :(
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You will get a list of school supplies. Mine has to take a lunch, some places only allow certain types of backpacks, it varies from school to school
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 4:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011