Can I have a beer or two and still breastfeed?

My daughter is eating every three hours and I have heard that it is ok to have a drink or two....is this true? Do I have to wait so long before feeding her? Do I pump and dump once. How can I sit back and still breastfeed and have one or two light beers. It is 100 degrees here and would love to relax with a cold one, LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• I think YES! It's not like your drinking hard liquor and the baby is still in the womb. 1 or 2 an evening sounds just fine.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I was wondering the same thing! I just want to try that new smirnoff mixed drink thingy but I'm breastfeeding so I wasnt sure if I could drink any alcohol or not...glad I'm not the only one having that craving lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• the hospital told me i could have 8oz and be fine. i drank a can and saw no effects of it in baby. enjoy your beer, it's going to be glorious!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes. After nursing session is the best time for alcohol.
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011