Why do (some) people get jealous of a person when they are liked by a lot of people?

Does anyone else think that is stupid to dislike someone just because everyone likes them? IMO if you want to be liked more that is not the kind of attitude to have!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• all ppl get jealous. But to get jealous for someone you dont know is beound me
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I wonder how many ways we can bring up Marlyegirl tonight? I bet she's having a blast while reading all this : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am jealous of myself
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There's an old saying, "It's lonely at the top." It tends to be true. People are naturally a little jealous if we perceive someone to be prettier, more popular, more talented, smarter or better off financially than we are. It is all a matter of insecurity. If you are secure in who you are, you won't be eating sour grapes if someone reaches the top, but instead, you will wish them all the best.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I like what you said Aprilmorgans and I do find it very pointless to get jealous of another person over those reasons. I think that's what makes people not like you.
    Anonymous

• Worry about yourself. It's none of your buisness, and I seriously doubt you care why anyone feels the way they do. People have very little control over what makes them feel happy, sad, or jealous. Thanks for anonymously offering advice to everyone on the "kind of attitude to have!" if they want to be popular. No doubt the person that is sitting on their computer bitterly judging anyone who has ever been jealous is just the person to tell the rest of us how to live. Another thing that makes people not like you is offering stupid advice when you are obviously in no position to do so.
    Anonymous

• Whoa....was that a Be..Yotch Slap? Both 2 previous posters crack me up...LMAO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008