All about men

Right now my husband works for his dad and I know most know that its very hard yet very stressful to work for a parent. his dad talks him down like a piece of dirt at work. My husband is very good at what he does, because he even does side work in our garage (mechanical work) for people and they keep coming back or telling other people about him. We now have this decision to make for a different job opening in another state, but my husband doesn't think he can do it, because of all the negativity that he gets from his dad. I guess the whole point of this statement is to ask you for a good way to talk up your husband to show him that he is good at work? I'm all out of my ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• just give him lots of encouragement and remind him of what a good job he does
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• There was some old saying and I can't remember it exactly but the idea of it was the BEST person for the job is the one who thinks he/she can't do it. It makes them work harder to make sure they do it well. If the job has more benefits than what he has now I'd just say "Babe, I have all the faith in the world in you and we have nothing to lose by trying".

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He knows he's good - You know he's good and I bet dad knows hes good! Parents often ride their kids harder than the rest to try and make them the best.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011