Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

My son's father moved to Florida in January. I'm assuming that I still file in my state of Alabama. Is there anything special that needs to be done? What else do I need to know or any tips?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • It is going to be very hard to get it enforced since he doesn't live in the state you are filing in. They are going to expect you to do most of the work finding his employer and address but I don't think they can take it out of his check he would have to mail it. GL

    Answer by aheuszel at 1:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • It is NOT hard to get it enforced. I live in FL and my x lives in Ky. I've lived in other states and they all work together. Just file in AL and give them whatever address and employer info you can.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • As long as he's working above the table, and using his correct SSI # they can find him, but you will probably have to give them any and all info that you can. File in the state you live in.

    Answer by nybor48 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.