What can I say to parents of a bully who's been terrorizing my son for three years?

My husband and I have already spoken with the parents and the child and they say "We're not compassionate people" Can you believe that?!

Antoine

Asked by Antoine at 1:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't talk anymore. I'd get the police involved.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• if you've spoken to the parents maybe it is time to get someone else involved, school, police or grandparents
    Anonymous

• Well is it happening at school? In the neighborhood, what a croc to say We are not compassionate people! If you could give a bit more info, I may be able to help you choose what to do, but it depends on is it violence, name calling, and where is it going on, is he older than your boy?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Call the police. Can you get a restraining order against a child for your child?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree depending on the kind of bullying we are talking about getting the police or at least lawyer involved is not a bad idea. THIS WEBSITE even suggest perhaps involving child services.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• A retraining order is also mentioned int he article I linked to.
    But_Mommie

• compassinate about what? bullying? is the boy slow or something and doesn't know any better. need to know more about the situation to really answer.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The only way you can get these people to stop their kid from bullying is "Hit Them In The Pocket!" Call an Attorney & see if you can sue them civilly & what your rights are. Meaning they will have to pay you for damages that their son has inflicted upon your child. If they can't pay, then they put a lien on their home. Have your Attorney send the Parents a certified letter in the mail explaining all of this & I guarantee the bullying will stop. You will just have to pay the attorney a small fee to create the letter. Go to an Attorney who offers free consultations. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• They are nuts get the police and the school if hes in school involved
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Find out where your state stand on bullying! LINK

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011