How did Mirena change your period? adult content

I used to have a heavy period usually for the first 3 days and then moderate to light for 3 or 4 days.
Now with Mirena I feel like I am just spotting. I don't need anything more than a pantiliner. It kind of throws me though because I will spot one day and the next morning there will be nothing but I will start spotting later in the afternoon. So I feel like I never know when I'm done or not.
I've been on it for just over a year now. Is this what you've experienced?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• Similar to you, I would have monthly "spotting" that could be controlled with pantiliner for 2-3 days. I was on it for 4 years.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I had a light period but i would spot all the time and i hated it. the doctor says that is normal after you have kids.She had to prescribe me a medication to try to stop it from spotting all the time. But luckily the mirena fell out because i couldn't stand it.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my period stopped completely while on mirena
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2011