Why

Why is everyone using 2 middle names for their children nowadays?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 2:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• Shows how much I pay attention. I didn't notice it going on until you said something.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 3:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't think it is anything new really.
    My husband has two middle names, all of his names are to honor someone in his family and he was the first boy and was the last child, so he got all the names.
    Some people do it for religious reasons or cultural reasons.

Cestlavie4

Answer by Cestlavie4 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It's been a tradition in my family for several generations...I don't know why it's become so popular recently though...everyone in my family has 2 middle names though
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• When DH and I were born people thought our moms were nuts for giving us a middle name at all. Our moms and DH's older sisters don't even have 1 middle name. It's just customs that come into being. My boys have only one, DD doesn't have one because we couldn't find one we liked.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I guess because they want to.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 3:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Some people just like two middle names. I know for most people it's a tradition. I personally don't like them. I just don't like extremely long names.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Tradition I think, or just can't seem to part with certain names. I have two middle names one is after a aunt and the other is a name my mother just loved as much as my first name. so I am stuck with two middle names.
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Alot of the time it's because of family names... That's what my boyfriend's mom did with him and it seems to a very common thing to do.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• When we had our son my husband had 2 names he ABSOLUTELY wanted to use, but I prefered a different name I wanted. He agreed to use my name as the first name and his 2 names as the middle names.
    When we had our daughter we figered, why not give her 2 names too... Had another daughter and did the same. We kind of made it a tradition for us.
    mab05

Answer by mab05 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011