Child Support...

I recieve $25 A MONTH in child support from my DDs unemployed father (his mama pays it for him). He lives off his family and works under the table and often comes flashing a ton of money in my face but does not give me anything to help with my DD. I am currently disabled and was taken out of work, now fighting to get SSI. I need more than $25 a month. He doesn't see her, doesn't even call to see how she's doing. Is it possible to take this back to family court and get more, regardless of his unemployed (except under the table) status? He is FULLY capable of working, he just chooses not too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I bet you can take him to court and get it raised. I know moms who have taken their exs back to court and the men were forced to work to pay child support. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thank you so much!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes take him to court
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes and good luck
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 3:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Depends on how long it has been.... child support can be reviewed according to the schedule made by the courts.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It wouldn't hurt try.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes you can... my DD is getting ready to do that to her babys dad.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I started getting child support almost 2 years ago. He hasn't had a job on the books this whole time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• there is usually a filing fee though. I have always wanted to take my ex back to get a raise in child support. But there was a $200 non refundable filing fee to the paper work started.
    Anonymous