How often?

do you talk to your adult children?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 2:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• My son in TX and I talk about 4-5 times a week and my son in WA state & I talk every day. They both call me, I don't call them because I know that they are both busy and that they'll call when they have free time. My youngest son is a college student and lives on campus during the school year and he calls us every night when he's not here. As with the other 2 we let him call when he has free time. My oldest son was in the Army for 5 years & called 1-2 times a week if he could and then from last Oct. until about 3 weeks ago he lived just a few blocks away from us and we saw him 2x's a week for supper so we didn't talk on the phone much. Now that my oldest is with us until Aug. and now that my 19yo is on summer break from school I talk to them both every day and I take walks with them both 3-4 times a week at night.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't have adult children either, but I talk to my mom about once a month or so. My husband talks to his mom about the same, until she goes nuts and starts calling every day.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Once a week for the one that lives outside of the home.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• 1-2 times a week. The other 2 live at home so it's every day
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I talk to my newly married daughter once to twice a week. (allowing her time to develop in her marriage) At the same time, I make sure to call her so she knows I love her and care about her. My other two newly graduated daughters still live at home, so we talk daily.
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I call my mom once a week, but it is hard to coordinate because I work first shift and she works second shift so weekends are the only time we can talk.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i talk to my parents atleast my mom almost everyday an my dad i call 3-4 times a week i talk to my grandparents everyday
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 2:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i used to talk to my mom daily before she passed away but my dad about once every few weeks. they were still married so talking to her was like talking to him anyway. now she's gone i never talk to him.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011