What does it take to earn the title "MOM"?

Not the textbook version or the dictionary definition, just your opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Putting your children first.. Doing everything in your power to keep them safe. Never putting them in harm's way. Playing with them..kissing them..hugging them..holding them... LoViNg ThEm♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• For me being a mom means putting your children before yourself. Loving someone so much you think you heart might explode. Showing them the right way to go and letting them learn things on their own as well. I really stand by the "roots and wings" theory.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• someone who would fight for their child and die for their children. that tell them when they did wrong and teach them and praise them when they did the right thing. someone that encourages but also discplines and has lots of fun with. someone that makes you laugh and sometimes mom makes you cry. a mom is that person that no matter what she knows you sometimes better then you know your self. its an unconditional bond between mother and child.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Idk taking care of your children to the best of your abilities putting them first the you second
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• other than what others have listed, of coarse putting your kids first, part of being 'mom' is doing things you don't like. discipline. making them do something that's good for them, but make them made at you. doing something they want when you're so very tired. going to every game, even when you have to miss stuff. having more patience than a normal human should have. playing that family game even when you really need a shower (and staying up late to shower after!). being...responsible. not all the parts of parenting is happy go lucky, but at the day's end, it's all worth it.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Being a mom is... Putting your kids first no matter what.. Making sure you are doing the best you can for them.. You love them no matter what and more than anything in this whole world even more then your self.. That you try to teach them right from wrong.. being there for them.. Teaching them how to grow to be a good hearted honest person.. And keeping them safe.. a mom is someone that will knowingly put their life on the line if they have to just to save their kids...plus Many other things
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• truly loving children (whither they came out of you or not). when you truly love a child you do all the things PPs have listed above.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Unconditional love and being there for them. Loving them, comforting them, doing for them, taking care of them, encouraging them, helping them. Making them your priority most of the time above all else.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Knowing that once that baby arrives, that you know that everything you say and do is going to directly affect that little life so you choose to be the best person you can be.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Being in your 30's...LOL ....I became a mom at age 18, had all three of my girls by the age of 24, and no one listened to me or even looked to me as though I was mature enough to be a mom...until I turned 30. Boy had I "ARRIVED"...lol...every one deemed me wise then...haha
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011