Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was told to be referred to a neurologist for my lower back problem

have you ever hear of such a thing?
so what's he trying to say it's all in my head!?


Asked by lizzybee44 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

Level 19 (7,681 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Lol, no. Not at all. However if your lower back pain is being caused by mis-firing nerves or another brain-impulse related issue, the natural next step would be to see a neurologist. If your doctor thought it was all in your head, he would be sending you to a psychiatrist.

    Answer by theMOMmission at 2:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • No, they are trained for this issue as well as neurosurgeons and orthopedic doctors.. Neurologist deal with everything from seizures to nerve damage all along the spine...

    Answer by midnightmoma at 2:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • You can google neurologist for back pain and get a great deal of info..

    Answer by midnightmoma at 2:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • a neurologist deals with things like nerves, muscles, and spinal cord. If your pain is a neurological one, then it makes sense.

    Answer by MrsMWF at 2:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • They will probably take a look at your spine to see if anything is being pinched in there . . . . it is good you are going.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011