Bridemaids dresses...

I am getting married in early November and we are doing an Autumn theme ... everything is pretty much set except the bridesmaids dresses ! ...

I have 5 bridesmaids ... 2 of them are super skinny, 2 of them are bigger ( and are not comfortabkle showing alot of skin) and the 5th one is kind of bigger but loves to show her skin lol...

So i cannot decide on the dresses...

I really like the tea-lenght .. and I really want them all to have the same lenght ( if not the same style ) ...

My dress is a super-princess type lol... its a ball gown with cap sleeves and alot of beadwork and details...

At first when I just had my 3 bridesmaids I planned on doing sleeveless ( tube style) tea lenght in a pumpkin spice color ( I love that color ) ... My main bridesmaid who is my sister in law went with me when I found them and she looked great in it and I had hoped they all would like it... but evedently not ( they do not look that bad, but I can understand why some wouldnt be comfortable in it ) ...

and now I dont even know if I should make them all the same color...

my wedding planner who has been wonderful is also stuck with me on this...

what kind of dress styles do you know of that you think would look nice on smaller and bigger girls ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have been in 2 weddings where the dresses were from J-Crew. They are kind of expensive, but, great dresses that I have worn again. Personally, I like the tea length and I also like black or dark blue dresses. They look beautiful in all the weddings I have gone too. I think the girls may need to try on a few diff styles to see what looks best. Usually something loose that flows away from the body is always helpful.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 2:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would aim for something that they could use again at a formal event . . . dark blue, black, grey, etc.

Nordstrom has an amazing selection of formal dresses that are very nice quality and will cost the same as buying a "bridal bridesmaids" dress from a wedding retailer. they can alter and have different styles to choose from . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thanks.. at first we considered a summer wedding and doing dark blue ( my fiance is in the Air Force, and he will be wearing his " dress blues" ) ... but I just love the autumn theme so I really want to do autumn colors ( which a dakr blue still sort of fits in with that too ) ....

i was actually thinking of maybe just doing a bolero witht he dresses I liked before ( since they were uncomfortable with their arms and back being bare) ... but i can only find these plain, ugly ones...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would go with tea length and the dress style that you want but add a wrap to it so that the ones who want more coverage and keep their wraps on. If you do different colors I would only have your maid of honor be different so that she stands out. I would keep all of the styles the same.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• What I can tell you from working with brides/bridesmaids dresses, you have to make sure everybody is comfortable. The store that you are going to should be able to tell you what will look good on a heavy girl. YOU go by yourself and pick out however many dresses then bring the girls. Once you have found the dress, they pick out your color. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• http://www.tjformal.com/48746/572910/QUICK-Delivery-Bridesmaid-Dresses/Landa-Bridesmaid-Jacket-K007.html?mc_id=00011013&ref=cj

Ok how about this ... I seen pretty much this exact thing in the bridal store ( it is a tea lenght dress - kind of like a fancier shirtdress) .... I can just have " more dressed up " jewelry and hair for them...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I like the style, but I really dislike that shiny bridesmaid fabric . . . . it looks so uncomfortable . . . can you choose a cotton?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I really like wedding where the bridesmaids have different dresses, all the same length, same color, but different styles - I just think it looks great because then each girl can wear what looks good on her and there's more chance they will wear it again.
    Traditionally the length of the dress should match the formality of the wedding. Tea length for less formal weddings, full length for formal or evening weddings.

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I liked the jacket you put the link to. As someone who doesn't like to show lots of skin, I would be pleased to wear it.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• tea length with a shawl for the two bridesmaids who don't feel comfortable showing too much skin
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 4:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011