Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I move out?

In the state of NY can you move out at 17 if you have a baby and your boyfriend has a job...Even if your mom says she wont let you?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • your still under age. dont know. in cali. she can legally report you as a runaway.. so check your local law.

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • In most states she can report you. BUT, as long as you are self-supportive and n a safe place most of the time they will consider it a domestic matter and not get involved.

    Answer by Slinkee at 10:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Nope until you are 18 what she says goes...sorry. What is your hurry anyway? It is not easy out here in grown up land.

    Answer by salexander at 10:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • There is a process of emancipation, don't know what all it involves but you can look into it. GL


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.