Does the WEATHER affect your level of pain? (i.e. aches, arthritis, injuries)

Weather has a huge effect on me/my pain. I've always known that when the weather was bad or seasons change, I was going to be in for a bad time. It took me awhile to fully understand what was going on with my body during these weather changes until I started keeping track.

I discovered for me, it's the '"barometric pressure" in the atomosphere that affects me negatively. While it's going up or down, either way, that means the pressure is unstable and means much suffering until it steadies back out again.

How about you?
Do you hurt, have a aches or pains or headaches etc when the weather changes?
What weather effects you the worst?
What helps you most for relief during these times?

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 3:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• When it's cold, my knees hurt. Not a good thing since we're moving to ND in a few months.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes. i have screws in my leg and i don't know if they heat up or what but my knee extra hurts when its hot
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• YEP!!! Just yesterday I was just about to get out of the grocery store when it got real cloudy and thundering and lightening but no rain and, oh goodness grief, I had so much pain in my back I almost couldn't walk. I could hardly lift my right leg. I have a really bad tailbone injury from when I was in Jr. High that still bothers me in various ways. But I've also had times when a Tropical Storm or Hurricane was coming and I could tell that it was close from the headache I had caused by a neck injury, the pain always started in my neck. I haven't noticed anything else yet but I do have a high tolerance for pain. So, so far extreme storms seem to hurt me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes. I have arthritis in my lower back and most of my joints on my left side. Usually a couple of days before it rains or snows, I hurt like crazy!!! Once the weather changes, I'm okay.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Every single reply sounds exactly like my problems! I knew I wasn't alone in this. Thank You for replying, although, I am truly sorry you suffer as well. I have severe chronic pain from injuries that resulted from my 2nd delivery which was breech and too late for c-section. I have alot of damage and well...there was just nothing they could/can do for me so far today. It's been 17 yrs this June 22. I am never, ever without pain since that time. I have a high tolerance , but also a high level all the time. When the barometer changes too fast I end up in bed and unable to take care of myself or anyone else. Nothing eases it while the pressure is unstable. Lately, I've been lucky, although we're in a drought down here...it's good for me, bad for everyone else. Our pressure is good around 29.90-30.00..anything changing from that and I get in a bind and fast. Again, Thank You all for answering!!! Much appreciated. :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yep ... I broke my ankle a few years ago and it kills me when the weather changes. My hubby has fibromyalgia and the weather changes REALLY bother him. Makes him ache and hurt all over.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My right ankle has 3plates and 10 pins,cold and rain make it hurt,otherwise I am fine
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 10:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011