Do you believe that there are couples out there that say they are in love but don't have sex?

I do understand that there are some exceptions where one of the partners is physically unavailable. But when a healthy and young couples says that they haven't had sex in two years and they live together and love each other. It is hard to believe. Are they lying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I love my husband more than anything...but we don't have sex that much. Not because we don't like eachother, we love eachother very deeply, we just...don't really feel the need to be up in eachothers business like that all the time. Psh...the last time we had sex was...I don't even know.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes they are lieing I CANT LIVE WITH MY PARTNER THAT I LOVE WITH OUT HAVING SEX INPOSSIBLE.
    cafesandra

Answer by cafesandra at 3:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I personally think I love my husband more now that it's not all about sex. He's my best friend. I don't need to have sex to be close.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh yes, I totally believe couples can be happy and in love without having sex often. 2 years is a long time so I think it's rare but I believe it exists.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes. i have known pre-mairried couples to hold off for 6 months to a year before the wedding. and, as we get older and busier, sometime older couples don't sex it up that much, either.

it all depends.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes, there are people who really wait until they are married to have sex, though they usually don't live together.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think you can love without sex...easily. What if they are both kind of A-sexual....those types of people really do exist. Some people just aren't interested in sex. I do think it's possible, but i also think it must be very rare that both couples are happily in love but have not had sex in two years. In most cases like this, one of them are un-happy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Not hard to believe at all.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think now a days it's a little hard to believe. If they are "waiting for marrigae" I sometimes believe they might do other things that just don't include penetration of the vagina.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 3:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011