Switching formulas

when DD was born she started out on Similac advance, she took that for the 1st month and she was having diarrhea pretty bad, so my dr recommended trying soy for her. We gave her similac sensitive soy and she did great, when we would try her on similac soy she got bad gas. Here is my problem, they are not selling the similac sensitive soy anymore, just regular soy, I seemed to have snatched up every can I could find in a few different stores. They do make similac sensitive which is milk based but its for babies who have lactos sensitivity. I want to try her on it to see if she tolerates it but I dont really know how to go about this. My boys were on a regular milk based with no issue so I have never had to deal with this before. IF anyone has and advice on how to do this please share your wisdom. another thing is I receive wic for her and similac is our crontracted formula, Or I would normally use enfamil.

Leelee1008

Asked by Leelee1008 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• where do you live? wic also has enfamil.my baby had the same problem.but it wasnt diarrhea.she had sour bm's.so i switched her to enfamil for newborns and she did fine.now i have her on nestle nido.she just turned 1.and she does better with that instead of whole milk...good luck...
    sunnyalison

Answer by sunnyalison at 3:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i live in Delaware. they used to use enfamil and they will not subsititue anymore.
    Leelee1008

Comment by Leelee1008 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. Mine had small cans of sample formulas. Maybe he can give you one to test out. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Can you get Alimentum? That might be your next best choice.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• call the similac feeding expert! I switched my daughter from sensitive back to regular and they helped a TON!! 800-986-8800. They will basically tell you to start by mixing the two and gradually increasing the amount of the new formula you'll use. Then, you will just start the new. It should harm her at all! Just may cause weird bowel movements and more gas at first.
    jenna_rose

Answer by jenna_rose at 11:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011