Weird stomach pain

every now and then i get this weird stomach pain. it feel like i've been punched in the stomach. it lasts for a few days. i'll feel hungry while i have the pain, but if i eat, the pain gets worse. it started when i was 16. now i'm 23...and i get it once every six months to a year. its really really uncomfortable. has anyone else ever experienced this?

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 3:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• Maybe it's your gallbladder or gall stones.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Make an appt. with a gastro to find out what exactly is causing your stomach pain-it could be any number of things. I get ovarian cysts and they can affect your stomach. I also have stomach issues due to taking steroids for asthma sometimes and that causes stomach issues for me as well. I have to take prescription medicine to correct it. Try to figure out if any medicines you take or anything you are eating or drinking makes it worse-and make a note of it.
    tiger123

Answer by tiger123 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• thanks guys. i'll check with my doctor. maybe keep a dietary journal too.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011