Another baby so soon?

Hi there everyone! Well me and my two year old daughter, Madison,and I are out of town and my husbands home. Well my husband called to ask what type of puppy to get my daughter,We had been planning to get her a puppy for months, (We are getting a shih tzu!) And while on the phone we had an interesting discussion:
Husband:I found a shih tzu puppy breeder if that's the kind you want?
Me:Yes, I think Madison would love one!So speaking of new things, have any ideas of what you want for fathers day? A little picnik, a trip? Anything?
Husband:Well...I think since we are opening our home to a new puppy,why not open our home to another ...person?
Me:What do you mean?
Husband:Well,I think Madison could use the puppy to get use to having a future baby around and if we had another kid,you know, give her a sibling so she won't feel so lonely and have someone to play with? I think we could start trying around fathers day!
Me:umm...we'll talk about this when we get back home.

So hat do you guys think? I would actually loveee another baby but the only thing in our way is my 2year old! I think it would be hard, a baby and a toddler? We have our finances in order, he has a stable job, I am a stay at home mom, and offer private vocal lessons for a couple of bucks on the side. We have a spacious 4bedroom 3 bath house an open backyard, fenced in. And a child safe pool! I think we are at a perfect point in our life to welcome another child but I don't know if i can handle it? What do you think? Is it too much too soon? SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST!

hkdjhg

Asked by hkdjhg at 3:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• my son is 3 and i just had a baby a month ago. its a bit crazy at times but my dh and i manage. i say as long as your dd is potty trained go for it
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I say go for it. I'm sure you can handle it and I think she's at the age that she's going to want to help with the baby.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Only you can decide that but by the time you get prego and have the baby will she be 3? by then she'll be potty trained so you would still only have one in diapers. If everything else is iin place I say go for it if you want another one. Do it while she is young that way they will be close in age and hopefully have a close relationship when they are older.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• storkaw stop bragging and have another baby why don't ya!

AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• two to three years between kids is just about perfect. They are close enough in age to be friends and play together but far enough apart so they aren't competing on the same sports teams or school grades. I say go for it.
    gerims

Answer by gerims at 3:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Haha amandah321!!! I would love it if my fiance told me he wante to have another baby! :) I really want another one! My son is 10 months old though lol
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• @amandaH321
    Lol,sorry if it came off that way! I was just wondering from personal expieriences if anyone thought it was way to diffucult to juggle an active toddler and baby! And also @BellaGracie82...Yes she ill be three by the time i'm assuming...but we concived my daughter Madison VERY fast! So she will most likely be three though and currently she REFUSES to even go near a toilet lol! So I don't know about potty trained but we are trying!
    hkdjhg

Comment by hkdjhg (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• CollinsMommy: Well I think my husband may want a kid so much because he only has to put up with her after work! And let me tell you, she is a HANDFUL...we are out of twon for a natural pageant and last night she completely covered her face in black sharpie...the judges thought it was funny but..I didn't! i put some serious $$$$ into this pageant lol! And Madison just looovees Daddy! She acts like an angel for him! But sometimes me and Maddie struggle for power control if you know what I mean! She always says to me :Mommy you is no the bwoss" And that's about the only words she knows! LOL:)
    hkdjhg

Comment by hkdjhg (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My kids are 3 years apart...I think it was a great spacing.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 4:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Our little ones are 17months, 19 months and 3 years a part. When we had our third we had three under three and they were all in diapers. Totally worth it. We chose and loved having them so close together. They can be a handful and a wonderful blessing. Only you know if you are ready but I would go for it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011