Key members of Gingrich's staff resign en masse . . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110609/ap_on_el_ge/us_gingrich_campaign

It's an understatement to say that this is NOT good news for the campaign.

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 3:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Just heard this on NPR; I was coming to post it myself. It says VERY bad things about a captain when the whole crew abandons the ship.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Just heard that most of his staff were also on Pawlenty's team in the past. have to wonder if there is a correlation...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• wow!
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 4:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Gingrich, a former Georgia congressman, has long been viewed by even his closest allies as a fountain of policy ideas but a man who is unable to avoid speaking in ways that spark unwelcome controversy.

The former speaker told the group he intended to stay in the race, the officials added. They declined to be identified by name, saying they were not authorized to discuss private conversations.

Gingrich could not be reached for comment immediately.

Even before the sudden departures, Gingrich's campaign was off to a notably rocky start. Within days of formally announcing he would run, he was assailed by conservatives for criticizing a plan to remake Medicare that Republicans pushed through the House
    -----------------------------------
    THIS is the part I find INTERESTING!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I was just coming over here to post this. Not good for Newtie boy.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Pardon me... Rick Perry. Not Pawlenty....  

"Perry's long-time chief political adviser, David Carney, is now helping former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) in his presidential campaign. In addition, Rob Johnson, who managed Perry’s reelection campaign last year, is now Gingrich’s campaign manager." as well as a few other aides...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Even before the sudden departures, Gingrich's campaign was off to a notably rocky start. Within days of formally announcing he would run, he was assailed by conservatives for criticizing a plan to remake Medicare that Republicans pushed through the House

What I find "interesting"~ If they were going to jump ship over Newt's Medicare stance, I would have thought they would have done it long before the sudden news of today...  Then, this article states , "Republicans pushed through the House"....   Pushed?  Considering Ryan's plan/ideas/facts have been online and available for opposition rebuttal and debate since as early as January, that I have seen~ I find it interesting that equates to "pushing" a bill through.... lol...  Funny media...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thank god!!! I HATE Newt!

Anonymous

• Within days of formally announcing he would run, he was assailed by conservatives for criticizing a plan to remake Medicare that Republicans pushed through the House

Newt is right on this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Aye mateys - abandon ship!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011