Are there any antiperspirants that are natural?

I have a Jason's deodorant and one of those roll on crystal deodorants, but I have issues with sweat more than smell, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a natural antiperspirant? I hate switching back to Secret (the only brand that I've found that works for me) in the summer, because I love the crystal and Jason's deodorants (haven't tried Tom's yet).

(Wasn't sure exactly where to put this.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• What I use is a deodorant from Bubble & Bee Organic, and although it's USDA certified organic, it actually works very well in controlling sweat. It contains arrowroot which naturally helps keep you dry, and the company also has special deodorants that contain baking soda in addition to the arrowroot for added sweat protection. I haven't used the ones with added baking soda, but I'm contemplating trying one to get me through the hot Texas heat. But the one I do have works very well, and I recommend it to everyone. The best thing is the owner will work with you in finding the best deodorant for your needs with just a simple email. Hope this helps.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Of course there are natural ones out there. Check out natural health stores or the aisle in your local grocery store that has organic food in it which usually has a variety of orgranic. And, BOTOX actually was invented for people with sweating problems from what I understand, alot of people get injections in the areas that give them issues which help ALOT apparently. Just food for thought.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Tom's is the only other brand I know about, but I'm sure there are tons more out there.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh, also, I've heard great things about Lavanila deodorants.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• After my Jason's experience I have switched back to the normal stuff I hated to but it just my pits LOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 9:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No, there aren't. That's because we are supposed to perspire ... it's a natural bodily function and you're risking more harm than good by blocking that function. Chemically, you can do that but you stated you wanted "natural" so that's obviously not an option.

I recently wanted to go more natural for safety reasons but focused on the deoderant aspect of it ... I tried all the natural brands but the thing that works best is plain baking soda and water. I mix a little in my hands to make a paste and rub it on my armpits. No odor whatsoever. One word of caution, though, is to not put it on freshly shaved skin; I shave the nite before and apply it in the am after my shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2011