Hypothyroidsim and TTC

I was recently diagnosed with a hypothyroidism. We have two kids and want to have one more and be done. I'm young (27) and don't feel done but I know it's hard to have another baby with this. Has anyone had experience with having this condition and having a successful pregnancy? Do you have to come completely off the medicine? Do I go off of it when I'm TTC or when I actually get a BFP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i actually was just diagnosed with the same thing, i did have 2 miscarriages due to it not being taken care of. i am on synthroid now and the doctor said as long as i keep taking it and get my blood work i will be okay, if you search about hypothyroidism and pregnancy it will tell you alot i did ALOT of research on the topic because i want another baby also, as of right now it is okay and under control i hope i helped you with this matter, good luck
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Once you start taking synthroid and your levels balance out it BOOSTS your fertilty. My third child was conceived once I started the medication (which in most cases is a life long thing you do not stop it without doctor authorization). I would say pull out all the stops and continue TTC while on the meds. It is safe for baby, but levels might need adjusting during pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011