Should we do it???

My DH and I have been "planning" to relocate to the country since we started talking "children" 5 years ago. With DHs new job (as of February, a few months ago) we can move ANYWHERE we want, because he can tele-commute and his job is primarily travel.

SO...now we are SO CLOSE to our BIG MOVE...and it would not be a question for me...but I am pregnant...and due in October.

Basically...I have to find a new midwife and face the very real possibility that I will be alone with a new born and a 3 year old in the country while my DH goes away to work all week. I am fine with being in a new place and all...but I'm more afraid of having no friends near by to help me with the baby and my son!
We have to make up our minds THIS WEEK if we want to sign this new lease. It's the home we have ALWAYS wanted in a wonderful town full of New England life and charm...but I don't know a soul there...as of right now...except my inlaws who will be less than 2 hour drive away.

Should we do it now anyway? I just feel like if we don't go NOW we will NEVER get the chance again!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Travel

• I say GO FOR IT. Don't let you haunt a kid ruin your dream home. You will make friends and yes it might be hard but you might not get another home that is close to your dream home. A lot of military wives have to move and they don't get a choice, they just have to follow their husbands and they don't anyone and sometimes they have 3 kids and one more on the way.

My advice is there shouldn't be a question about it. MOVE TO YOUR DREAM HOME.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would do it. You can always meet new people (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would do it...you will meet new people and make new friends! Like you said, you may never get this chance again.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i couldnt live without my family and friends around, but if you dont really have family around you now then i would go because you will always make new friends and keep in touch with old ones!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If you have in law that close that you should be fine. It is hard to move somewhere new but no time like the present. We just moved to a new state and we have no one to watch our little ones when I go into labor so we are trying to figure that out but other than that it has been fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I say go for it!
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 4:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes, do it!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• WOW! This is very helpful actually. I was not expecting SO much rooting for it :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Go for it. East coast if great and different from the west. People tell it like it is and run red lights!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011