Mommys to 17 month olds...

What do they do?

My son says words such as: dog, tree, juice, bite, nana (banana), bath, puppy, baby, momma, daddy, eye, nose, mouth, bite, night night, toy, hi, hey, bye, flower, book, phone, hello, toes, shoe, shirt, hot, diaper, poopoo, stop, I'm sure there's more i just cant think.
Peopes names: fifford (clifford), tristan, baden (braden), taden (caden), tyson, boo (boots), truck, car

He hsnt started conplete sentences. he doesnt even put to words together. Sometimes he will say somethin like "fifford bye" or "fifford truck" (clifford is his fav person lol.)

He can tell u wear his eye, nose, mouth, ear, and hair is.
he can pretty much do anything u tel him to do. Like take somethin to the garbage. Or bring me the remote.
He notices people in pictures.
he can throw a ball pretty good.

He can almost feed himsef with a fork, but he makes a mess!
He shake his cup at me and go to the refridgerator when he wants somwthin to drink.
he won't tell me when he needs to pee or poop.
he cant drink out of a cup with no lid vut can a straw.
he can't count.
doesn't know his colors yet.
he runs and climbs.
sleeps with mommy.
oves baths but hates the pool.

I just want to know if he's where he is suppose to be and id like to know what other babies his age do.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am a therapist for children in the state Birth to 3 program. Your child is above average and sounds very smart to me. What we look developmentally for babies age 15-18 months is: Walks alone, seldom falls, scribbles spontaneously, names 1 object, begins to use a fork/spoon, follows simple instructions, builds a tower with 2-3 building blocks, and points to 4 body parts when asked.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• sounds like he gets a lot of quality time where you talk to him and teach him things! he sounds pretty advanced!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Wow....You're doing really GREAT!!! You should feel proud....REALLY!

good

I'm totally impressed.

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• you got a smart baby there...my son is also 17 months old......he is doing what "wood1980" said......he points to the fridge and calls out mama when he wants something to eat or drink......
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Wow thanks. I thought he should be able to talk in sentences now. But thanks guys, that makes me feel ike a great mommy!! I'm with him 24/7 and he's my best friend. I talk to him about everything LOL jk but I tak to him alot so hes gonna be a talker. And I try to point everything out to him and repeatedly say what it is (:
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2011