How do you do your baby showers?

My DF and I registered at Babies-R-Us and are going to register and Burlington Coat Factory. When my MIL found she went crazy. She was saying how when you have a baby you don't make a list you tell each person you know what they have to buy you. I was raised with a family who registers and makes list and lets everyone pick whatever they want to buy from the list. I thought that was the only way to but apparently there are other ways. So... how do you plan your baby showers?

-Tiffany-

Asked by -Tiffany- at 4:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• we registered. your MIL is nuts. i'd be quite offended if you told me what to buy you for your baby shower.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I've never heard of "telling each person what they have to buy you." People have used registries for decades. Ya'll are doing fine.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Register and the shower hostesses put on the invites where I registered, or if people ask then I tell them.

Answer by missanc at 4:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• we register. then people can make the choice on how much to spend!
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I register.. So that I can have a list of things that I need and then most places offer a discount after your due date. Well, at elates Babiesrus did for us, but that ws 3 yrs ago
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 4:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It is rude to tell people what they are supposed to purchase for you! A registery is fine.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i have never had one
    mommyof3isme

Answer by mommyof3isme at 11:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011