Does anyone know legit stay at home businesses?

If so, will you please message me. i don't want to break any CM rules by advertising. Thanks

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• meooma, how can you say that work at home business are "all scam"???? So every direct sales business, avon, tupperware, partylite and the HUNDREDS of others are scams???? How about those that run in home daycare centers, babysit, run a photography studio from home?? Those are scams? My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business, we run it from our home office.....we are a scam???

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Honey, there are LOTS of legit SAH businesses! However, they are businesses and require lots of work in order to actually earn any money with them. As you can see ^ that's more than some people are willing to do.

Here is a list of companies, however I don't have reps listed for most of them yet. But it will give you someplace to start as you can easily search them to find what you want.

Personally, I am with Wildtree and BigCrumbs. I will message you about the details!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I just sent you a message. :)
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I sent you a message :D. I am with Scentsy.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 8:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sent you a message:)Gift consultant for La Bella Baskets:)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• There are a lot of great (and some not so great) home-based businesses, both structured and independent. There are a lot of great (and some not so great) jobs you can work from home, or at least not from an office, often with very flexible hours.

By the way, SabrinaMBowen's blog does have a lot of both of those, and is a good resource!

I work as a court researcher. It's great for me. I go once or twice a month to the courthouse and look up cases to get information for law firms. I get my assignments and pay from a third-party company. My pay is per item researched, with a base minimum even if I don't get that many records. I have gone from one half day a month at one courthouse, to about 3 days a month at 3 courthouses. I get to pick my own hours, as long as the court is open and I get my work turned in within the time frames.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i am going to message you right now!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thank you all for your positive feedback. I will answer everyone as soon as I can. I'm interested in many different ideas. i want to step outside of my comfort zone, try something new and excel.
    rkoloms, GREAT ideas thanks!
    Kate, MK, Unique, Sabrina, Zander and Mommy thanks for your input. I got busy right after I posted and will be busy tomorrow. I'll have time this weekend to check out everything. I'm so happy that there are so many legit businesses out here (I was beginning to worry since I cannot seem to find a regular 9-5)

Thanks ladies :)
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• There are no stay at home money making legitimate businesses; they are all scams. If any legitmate profit making stay at home businesses existed many of us would be doing them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011