Little vent. Your thoughts appreciated.

My MIL went to babies r us to see what DF and I had registered for and she kept knit picking every little thing! From the stroller to the bassinet to the baby bath tub! She saw the stroller and said "Ew why that one? It's not even blue? Get a blue stroller" (the stroller we picked is green and black with hints of blue) Just because we are having a boy does Not mean we need a blue stroller! Then she saw the little swing/rocker we picked for the baby and she says "Oh but look at this one! It's so cute! Get this one instead!" while pointing to a purple flower and butterfly one. So green isn't a goo color for a boy but pink and purple butterflies and flowers is? This women. Then she complained about the crib we picked saying it wasn't regal enough, was hideous, looked like it was for poor people and her grandson needed a crib of gold. The crib we chose was very nice, matched our theme and the price was appropriate to ask for on our registry. This woman drives me crazy! Ugh.

-Tiffany-

Asked by -Tiffany- at 5:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Lol oh wow. She would drive me crazy too! Tell her to buy all that stuff for her house when he visits. ;)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Remember one thing IT'S YOUR BABY & she can give her opinion but at the end of the day it's yours & your DF choice what you buy YOUR little bundle of joy, next time she says "Why you picked this one ew?" tell her "Because I like it & since it's MY child I don't really care what people think about the things I pick for MY baby" That should shut her up lol. Good Luck with the MIL sweetie. ((HUGS))

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'd let it go through one ear and out the other!
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 5:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would just smile and say something like "Yeah it's nice / cute / regal / whatever fits, but DH and I think the one we chose works best for our child and our tastes."

My DH would NEVER allow our son in a swing that was pink and purple with flowers and such! He's very into the difference between Boy stuff and Girl stuff. I didn't do the registry thing for DS, but if I had and anyone questioned our choices, I'd probably say that DH didn't like that one. Everyone knows he has strong opinions about what is and isn't appropriate for Boy or Girls, so no one would challenge it. LOL

In  the end, it's you and your DH who will have to look at and use all that stuff day in and day out, so it really needs to be something you both can live with as long as your LO needs it.

MessedUpMama

Answer by MessedUpMama at 6:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Maybe she's trying to be funny?
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Say, you had your turn when it was your baby, and now it's our turn with our baby.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 5:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would calmly but firmly say, "Those are the items we have chosen." Nuff said.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Its your house, your babys room and I would buy what you want and no one else can tell you different even a mil
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• She can give her opinion all she wants, but its your baby. Hold your ground, don't let her move you. My mother tried to get me to change the name of my baby...said it was TOO mexican. I said nothing...his name is still going to be the name I Chose, and she can just shove it. If your MIL goes against what you want, and still buys whatever she feels is best, ask for a gift receipt and take it back.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011