Facebook Mom

Just read about this mom that embarrassed her son on Facebook.

Her son posted some rude rumors about a girl on Facebook. Mom found out and she posted this...

"Hi this is XXX's mom. I wanted to tell you he will not be on Facebook any longer due to the choices he made today. He posted some information about someone, that regardless if it was true or not, it was rude. Because he tried to make her made by spreading personal information, I thought he should know how it feels when the tables are turned. He wet the bed until he was 8.

Would you do this?? Do you think this is appropriate or overboard???

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 5:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think the intent was malicious. I think the intent was to teach her son a valuable lesson. I wish more mothers were so active in thier Childs development. Hammurabi's code has been around almost as long as mothers. It's definitely got the bible beat! An eye for an eye. It's a valuable lesson. 'treat others how you would be treated' they don't call it "the golden rule" for nothing!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it was appropriate up till the "he wet his bed until he was 8" part....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Good for her!! Finally a parent actually being a parent and forcing her child to take responsibility for his actions.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• depends on how old the kid is, but good for her... maybe if more parents would do this then kids might think twice before being jerks to each other. wish i would have thought of it... LOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• lmao thats hilarious. Yeah, depends on their age. I wouldn't do it to my 10 year old (he doesn't even have a fb page) but a teen with a bad attitude, you bet. All she did was give him a dose of his own medicine, i bet he learned his lesson lol
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• no, i wouldn't have handled it that way. idk what i would've done, but it wouldn't have been public. he would get it, that's for sure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It was reasonable until she started talking about bedwetting. THAT was bad. She shouldn't have done that. Her son is going to have some serious trust issues with his Mom now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yay for this mom!
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 6:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• LOL I like the idea, though maybe not the substance. If kids really knew how it felt to be embarrassed like that maybe they wouldn't do it to others.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Well, what did he say about the girl? Was it a first offense or was this something he had done repeatedly? If it wasn't a first offense I think it's great that she showed him how it feels to be "outed" about something.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011