• In the Spotlight:

Why is my DD wearing 4 pairs of panties.

I asked my 3yo to get dress bc we are going out today. Well instead of getting clothes she just got 4 pairs of panties and she put on each pair.
Lol. She is a character. I asked her why she is wearing 4 pairs, and she said " SO NO ONE SEES MY COOKIE, MOMMY"
She told me that in a matter of fact way.
Her cookie is her private girl part.
She makes me laugh.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 6:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• She is funny!!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• WHY do parents teach children improper and asinine words for their genitalia?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I am not going to teach my DD the word Vagina. She is 3. Cookie is what I grew up calling my private area. She is 3, she'll learn the proper way to call her private area when she is older. I really don't want her to be the only 3 yo saying I have a vagina.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• So, in the event that something happens to her, you would prefer that she be incapable of differentiating between regions and explaining exactly what she means?

Knowledge is power, I hate it when parents strip their children of power.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yeah really I can see her in school telling the teacher that someone has touched her cookie and the teacher will be totally clueless that she's trying to report abuse and not being able to do anything about it. Also when the authorities are brought in and she uses the terms they won't be able to easily convict the monster because the child isn't using a term that would lead to an clear conviction. Law-Enforcement for YEARS have been asking parents to use proper terms and NOT nicknames for the child safety!!!!
    Anonymous

• I doubt that she would have trouble. She is a bright girl. And if something were to happen to her she would easily be able to explain to me what happened. Calling her private area cookie is not stripping her of power, it is just giving her a word that is better suited for her age.
    My DD was one time jumping and hit her self right between her legs, when I asked her what happened she was able to explain and describe to me what happened and where it hurt.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I am teaching my children already at such a young age how to protect and tell me if someone has touched them in that region. Like I said when my child is old enough I will teach her the proper name for her private area. But right now she is 3 and if something were to happen I am sure she will come to me.
    She lets me know anytime her GM puts diaper rash cream on her or her lil sis.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Also she won't be the only 3 year-old! Vagina and Penis are words my kids have used from the beginning. I had the school nurse called me to tell me that my daughter complained that her vagina hurts...I had to tell the nurse I'm well aware of the issues she's on meds for an yeast infection and that I could bring that in to show her if she had doubt. The nurse explain to me that wasn't necessary, but really want to call because she was taken off guard that my daughter used the term vagina. I told her she shouldn't be we from the very beginning have taught our kids the names of their private area, etc. She then said...that's great!! I wished more parents would!!!
    Anonymous

• Again I will teach my DD when I feel that she is old enough
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• her cookie..wow. cute story, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011