Wake him or let him sleep?

My son had surgery today, had t get tubes in his ears. I put him down to bed at his normal bedtime, he feel asleep about 130 and it is now 430 here and he is still sleeping. The problem is he is poopy. Should I wake him so I can change him or just let him sleep a little more?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wake him up for a change then let him go back down if he wants. You don't want him to get a rash.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Dont let him sit in the poop if my daughter is tired I can change her & she sleeps through it or barely wakes up then goes back to sleep. Change him in his bed if you can/want even. If he wants to stay awake then let him.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Change him before it starts to burn his skin...Poor little guy. That probably was an exhausting day for him.
    I've always wondered what the procedure is for having tubes put in their little ears. My 2nd daughter came close to possibly having them....I stopped letting her have a bottle when she was lying down( that's what I was told) and it all cleared up. She would roll around on the floor etc with bottle in her mouth alot.
    That was 17 years ago though. I'm sure there's alot of new info out now that wasn't then.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would change him and maybe try to see about getting him a sip to drink and then if he wants he will go right back to sleep. Hope he sleeps through the night for you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thanks! I was just ready to change him bed but his daddy wants me to let him sleep
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• KellyGirl, he kept having multiple ear infections and all of them started after he was off the bottle. Its a 15 procedure, they are in and out. I think its harder on the parents then t is on the ids LOL He's just on Tylenol and ear drops.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011