Finding a swimsuit for large breasted woman.

OK, ladies, it's beach time! And it's been 4 years since I bought a new swimsuit. It's time. I've lost weight, and well, I want something a little tighter.

HOWEVER, I need the suit to 'do' a few things for me:

(1) I'm in a Size 16 (YAY!) which is smaller than where I was;

(2) Contain the boobs! I'm a 38 DDD/F!!

(3) Stand up to a 3 year old

(4) NOT cost me a car payment (less than $100 would be GREAT!)

Anybody got any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• i would look into buying a tankini..where you can buy the top/bottom separately. idk if you online shop, but there are several sources that let you do this. jcrew, for one.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Try Macy's online. They have an option to choose by body type.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Lane Bryant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Lands End has cup-sized bathing suits up to DDD, and they're on sale right now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Chances are that you aren't a true DDD...that's just the US's way of measuring. In US I measured a 40 FFF but in Europe I measure a 36 G and it fits so much better.

I know that you want less than 100 but you might want to try http://www.braissimo.com/   They have suits for women that are not big that have big boobs.  I bought one 4 years ago and it still looks and fits like new.  I paid a little over 100 but it was worth every penny.  They hold up and I don't feel uncomfortable in it.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I second Lane Bryant. You may not stay under 100 but if you consider a good suit at say 150 last at least 2 summers that $75 a year and not to bad! If it last 3 thats only $50!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm the same size - 16, 38DDD! I actually got mine from Target - it's Mossimo brand (I've had it before, LOVE that brand for swimwear!), it's XL, it's a tankini style - the bikini-type bottom and the top is...grr, don't remember what, but it's strapless but stays up sooo well (it does have a removeable strap). I'll see if I can find a pic and post it. But it stands up to a 4yo, 5yo, and 8 & 9 yo ;).
    Anonymous

• http://www.target.com/Swimwear-Clothing-Womens/b/ref=sc_iw_l_1_1041790?node=13629631 It's the polka dot tankini, sorry I can't get the pic or anything to come up.
    Anonymous

• womanwithin.com carries a variety of swimsuits, I have bought a few from there and I liked them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011