Gerber goodstart gentle plus or enfamil gentlease

i would like to know what the diffrence is between gerber gentle plus and enfamil gentlelease bc my nutritionist at wic told me there the same just a diffrent brand name...somehow i dont believe this bc gerber is alot softer and smells better but enfamil is firmer and smells bad....personally i like gerber it has treated my lo well and when i first brought him home from the hospital i gave him enfamil premium and it made him constipated and recently i just tryed to mix the 2 together and he ended up with a viral infection and im not sure if it was from mixing formlas well now hes back on goodstart. hes 2 months old and its been 2 weeks since the viral infection. im not sure what to do...enfamil from wic thats free or gerber and i have been hearing brand names doesnt make a diffrence its just the market or something trying to make money it makes sence but......advise anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'm strictly breastfeeding, but i have a jar of the gerber goodstart sensitive stuff and he's had it a couple times when i was away and i didnt pump enough milk for him. my son was about 4 months old the first time he had the formula. i think the viral infection was just a coincidence, and if i were in your shoes i would go with the enfamil if its free. hope this helps! feel free to message me if you want to talk more :]
    Axils_mommy0120

Answer by Axils_mommy0120 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• hmmm WIC that gives enfamil... my WIC gives us any goodstart we want....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011