WYR him respect them or you? actually Q is in BOLD.

Lets say your DH, shows more respect to his dad and stepmom more than you? His folks used to tell him, he was doing a great job, stepmom used to say how much he reminded her of his dad. Then after a huge disagreement. They tell him what he's doing wrong, complain about his work, nothing is good enough, and she was wrong for thinking he was so much like his dad. (I know DH is alot like his dad, except he does not put work before family and is not a slave to work like him).

Yet, DH still shows more respect to them. Because he's working for them and they provide housing. Regardless of how much they make him feel like crap. he comes to you to complain about working with them and yada yada yada. So you be the good wife, listen, and give your input.

He believes the respect level is different because your his wife, and he can point out your flaws and correct them. But can't do it to them. Who do you believe really deserves more respect? (I know sounds selfish)

{{{And after his contract is up, he believes it is best to stay instead of moving back to your home state where you support, work, education,etc. is. He's only thinking about the money, and not his family's happiness + a healthy and stable living. <--I know, sounds complicated. b/c it is.lol.. When weighing pros and cons of staying and moving. He only sees its better too stay b/c of the income not considering the bad things about staying; on the other hand, he looks at the bad things of going back and WILL NOT consider what's good for his family. Such as good work (a job i love), family and friends that a very supportive, education, and it's not so remote that we have to order diapers online, grocery cost is out there... and more. His mind is only wrapped about money.

The only reason we are here and in this situation is because he would not get off his sorry @$$, and get a job. }} Sorry yeah, this is irrelevant, but just thought some advice or something would be nice.. NO bashing please, we are all adults. I love this man, I have faith in things working out, but because life can be interpreted different ways, it's good to get an outsiders point of view.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I rather be with a man that respected me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011